iLearn Insights: new functionality overview for S1, 2021
Over the summer break, we’ve been enhancing some iLearn Insights functions and adding new features. For example, you can now set up automatic emailing for students who haven’t completed unit tasks, and you can search your unit to find external links so that you can check that they’re up-to-date and working. Read on for a summary of new and improved functions, and how to access and use them.
New iLearn insights functionalities for S1, 2021:
- Schedule emails: Convenors can now schedule emails for the whole session and all emails will be sent automatically (with a confirmation email sent back to the convenor when email is actually sent). Using this functionality the convenor is able to send emails to all participants/students who have not submitted an assignment and students who have not completed the Academic Integrity Module. For the time being, emails can be scheduled to send at either 06:00AM or 10:00PM. You can schedule an email clicking ‘Schedule an email’ menu located under ‘Personalised bulk email’ menu.
An example list of all the scheduled emails is shown below –
- Unit search: Convenors now can search their unit for external links, youtube, vimeo videos or any other keywords embedded within the unit, so that you can check that the links are up-to-date and working. An example of Youtube search outcome is shown below –
- Echo360 video view: Find out if students have viewed a particular video in Echo360 and how many minutes they watched (functionality coming very soon).
- H5P resources are now included in the report called ‘Students who have not accessed a resource’: Convenors can identify students who have not accessed an H5P activity (videos, quizzes, presentations etc created in HTML5 Package).
Above screenshot shows the menu location for ‘Unit search’, ‘Echo360 video view’ and ‘H5P’ within the ‘resource not accessed report’.
- Quiz question analysis: Analyse quiz questions and view the percentage of students who answered a quiz question correctly, wrongly or did not attempt. Quiz question analysis can be access from Activities > Activity details menu.
An example outcome of the Quiz question analysis is shown below –
- Live exam monitoring system: This was developed for the central MQ Exams Office who will use this application to monitor live final exams. It was successfully trialled in S2 and S3 2020. With some modifications, it is being made available for academic staff to use in S1 2021 to monitor their own live exams as well if needed. Live exam monitoring system can be access from Activities > Activity details menu.
An example outcome of the Live exam monitoring system is shown below –
- Group report for disability support services: This university wide report has been developed for Disability Support – Student Wellbeing to monitor or inform whenever a convenor adds a new resource in a unit. They also want to monitor whenever a convenor updates a resource. This part is still a work in progress.
View this PechaKucha Zoom recording for a demonstration of the new iLearn Insights functionality:
Find other recent Teche articles about iLearn Insights.
Guides to using the iLearn Insights features are available in the Technologies and Tools section of the TEACH website.