Teaching Online Program for Tutors and Sessional Staff
Spend just 5 hours, spread over 3 weeks, to develop your online teaching confidence!
This program is designed to develop the confidence of Tutors and Sessional Staff in teaching online at Macquarie. Offered via iLearn, the program brings together the expertise of professional and academic staff across the University to facilitate and support participants.
Who should do this program?
It’s suitable for new tutors and sessional staff from any Faculty. It is also a useful resource for experienced tutors.
What will be covered?
- Getting started with online teaching
- Key learning technologies used at Macquarie
- Good practice in facilitating an online learning experience
- Assessment and feedback in an online environment
- Interacting with students using Zoom
The program models an online learning approach, comprising modules that offer online resources and activities. It is largely self-paced with opportunities to come together at the start and end of the program for discussion, debriefing and networking for those who would prefer a more structured approach. Optional synchronous Zoom practice sessions are also available.
What is the time commitment?
The program will be semi-facilitated over a three-week period, with total participation time of approximately five hours. Alternatively, interested staff can self-enrol in the Teaching Online Program at any time and work through appropriate modules at their own pace.
How this will help you in your teaching
- You will gain access to, and use relevant Macquarie University learning technologies
- You will understand the key elements of different online teaching approaches and strategies to promote active and engaged learning
- You will be able to provide quality feedback to students in a range of formats
How to register for the program
Download the Program Guide with dates and schedule
Self-enrol in the Teaching Online Program
Register for the opening and closing Zoom Sessions
Speak to your Faculty Learning Designers about the program.